Los Angeles News
Police: Man tried dragging school girl away
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are searching for a man who they say attacked and tried to drag away a 12-year-old girl at a school in South Los Angeles.
Police said the girl was waiting for a classmate outside a restroom at George Washington Carver Middle School in the 4400 block of McKinley Avenue on Friday when she was grabbed from behind.
The man dragged the girl about 15 feet before some students came to the screaming girl's aid, police said.
One of the students ran to call the principal. The man released the girl, ran to a trash can and jumped a fence onto Wadsworth Avenue, just south of Vernon Avenue, police said.
The suspect was described as Hispanic man in his 30s, about 6 feet tall and 185 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. He had two cuts or a scar on his left eyebrow.
school, south los angeles, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians