Los Angeles News
Police: Man tried dragging school girl away
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are searching for a man who they say attacked and tried to drag away a 12-year-old girl at a school in South Los Angeles.
Police said the girl was waiting for a classmate outside a restroom at George Washington Carver Middle School in the 4400 block of McKinley Avenue on Friday when she was grabbed from behind.
The man dragged the girl about 15 feet before some students came to the screaming girl's aid, police said.
One of the students ran to call the principal. The man released the girl, ran to a trash can and jumped a fence onto Wadsworth Avenue, just south of Vernon Avenue, police said.
The suspect was described as Hispanic man in his 30s, about 6 feet tall and 185 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. He had two cuts or a scar on his left eyebrow.
school, south los angeles, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects 10 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions