Los Angeles News
Man, 97, arrested in wife's murder in West LA
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 97-year-old West Los Angeles man has been arrested in connection to the murder of his 81-year-old wife, authorities said.
Police said the woman's body was found by a neighbor Saturday morning inside their two-bedroom apartment on Sepulveda Boulevard.
Detectives said the victim, Ann Weiss, suffered blunt force trauma to the head.
Neighbors said the husband, identified as Milton Weiss, suffers from dementia and at times would get frustrated and aggressive, but they never suspected something like this could happen.
"It's hard to imagine that he intentionally tried to hurt her," said neighbor Tim Rood. "I think something just tragically, accidentally went very wrong."
"They were a very devoted, close couple. She was actually taking care of him," said neighbor Barry Katz.
The motive remains under investigation.
The couple's family members said they had no idea what had happened.
The suspect is scheduled to be arraigned next week and will also undergo a mental evaluation.
arrest, murder, west los angeles, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle 57 min ago
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete 15 min ago
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis