Los Angeles News
Bicycle accidents saw jump in past 2 years
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Getting around on a bicycle has become more dangerous these days, and it could be because of the economy.
Police said the number of accidents involving bikes has jumped dramatically in the past two years.
The severity of those crashes has also increased.
In Burbank alone this year, there have been more than 32 bike crashes. There were 27 for all of 2007.
Police said with tight budgets, more people are using bikes instead of cars, and some of those new cyclists don't know all the rules of the road.
burbank, los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 4 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)