Los Angeles News
Bicycle accidents saw jump in past 2 years
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Getting around on a bicycle has become more dangerous these days, and it could be because of the economy.
Police said the number of accidents involving bikes has jumped dramatically in the past two years.
The severity of those crashes has also increased.
In Burbank alone this year, there have been more than 32 bike crashes. There were 27 for all of 2007.
Police said with tight budgets, more people are using bikes instead of cars, and some of those new cyclists don't know all the rules of the road.
burbank, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 4 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 24 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)