Los Angeles News
Bicycle accidents saw jump in past 2 years
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Getting around on a bicycle has become more dangerous these days, and it could be because of the economy.
Police said the number of accidents involving bikes has jumped dramatically in the past two years.
The severity of those crashes has also increased.
In Burbank alone this year, there have been more than 32 bike crashes. There were 27 for all of 2007.
Police said with tight budgets, more people are using bikes instead of cars, and some of those new cyclists don't know all the rules of the road.
burbank, los angeles news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 56 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 43 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 48 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors