Los Angeles News
Bicycle accidents saw jump in past 2 years
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Getting around on a bicycle has become more dangerous these days, and it could be because of the economy.
Police said the number of accidents involving bikes has jumped dramatically in the past two years.
The severity of those crashes has also increased.
In Burbank alone this year, there have been more than 32 bike crashes. There were 27 for all of 2007.
Police said with tight budgets, more people are using bikes instead of cars, and some of those new cyclists don't know all the rules of the road.
burbank, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'