Los Angeles News
Bicycle accidents saw jump in past 2 years
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Getting around on a bicycle has become more dangerous these days, and it could be because of the economy.
Police said the number of accidents involving bikes has jumped dramatically in the past two years.
The severity of those crashes has also increased.
In Burbank alone this year, there have been more than 32 bike crashes. There were 27 for all of 2007.
Police said with tight budgets, more people are using bikes instead of cars, and some of those new cyclists don't know all the rules of the road.
burbank, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video