Los Angeles News
Friday arraignment in heroin case against fire captain
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles City Fire Dept. captain arrested for intent to purchase heroin last Wednesday was scheduled to be arraigned on Friday.
Matthew Phillipsen, 52, was arrested Nov. 9 trying to buy seven balloons of simulated heroin from undercover LAPD officers near Avenue 61 and Figueroa Street, according to the LAPD.
Phillipsen was arrested on a felony charge of attempted possession of a controlled substance. He was released after posting $10,000 bail.
If convicted, Phillipsen faces up to three years in county jail, according to the L.A. District Attorney's Office.
Phillipsen is scheduled to be arraigned at the Foltz Criminal Justice Center after 8:30 a.m. Friday, according to the D.A.'s office.
arrest, lapd, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 12 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 7 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West 3 min ago
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach 22 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- 'The Butler' snubbed by Golden Globes
2 min ago