Los Angeles News
Girl, 9, recovering after dragged under car in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 9-year-old girl was taken to the hospital after she was dragged under a car in Pomona.
The incident happened at Garey Avenue and Phillips Boulevard around 3 p.m. on Friday.
Police said a female driver collided with another car. She tried to speed way from the scene but allegedly hit a second car and veered onto a sidewalk where the young girl was walking.
Witnesses said the girl was dragged under the moving vehicle until it finally stopped after slamming into a parked car.
"Everybody runs over there and picks up the car to pull the little girl out. This lady's still trying to start her car up to keep going, but another lady snatched the car keys from her and her phone," said witness Carolina Garcia.
The girl was hospitalized with minor injuries. She is expected to be OK.
The suspect, 24-year-old Tanya Bernal, was arrested on felony hit-and-run charges and driving without a license.
She was locked up in Pomona in lieu of $50,000 bail.
City News Service contributed to this report.
car crash, hit and run, arrest, pomona, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 14 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts 39 min ago
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors