Los Angeles News
Girl, 9, recovering after dragged under car in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 9-year-old girl was taken to the hospital after she was dragged under a car in Pomona.
The incident happened at Garey Avenue and Phillips Boulevard around 3 p.m. on Friday.
Police said a female driver collided with another car. She tried to speed way from the scene but allegedly hit a second car and veered onto a sidewalk where the young girl was walking.
Witnesses said the girl was dragged under the moving vehicle until it finally stopped after slamming into a parked car.
"Everybody runs over there and picks up the car to pull the little girl out. This lady's still trying to start her car up to keep going, but another lady snatched the car keys from her and her phone," said witness Carolina Garcia.
The girl was hospitalized with minor injuries. She is expected to be OK.
The suspect, 24-year-old Tanya Bernal, was arrested on felony hit-and-run charges and driving without a license.
She was locked up in Pomona in lieu of $50,000 bail.
City News Service contributed to this report.
car crash, hit and run, arrest, pomona, los angeles news
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 28 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 31 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants