Los Angeles News
Gunman sought in killing of transgender woman in Hollywood
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for a man suspected of shooting a transgender woman dead in Hollywood and firing a shot at another about half an hour later in West Hollywood.
Nathan Henry Vickers, 32, was shot and killed about 9:55 p.m. Thursday near Lexington Avenue and Gower Street, an area of Hollywood known for street prostitution. The gunman fled on foot.
At 10:25 p.m., another transgender woman was shot at during an attempted robbery a little more than a mile away at Plummer Park. The suspect fired at the victim once with a semiautomatic pistol.
Nobody was hurt in the second incident.
"It's very disturbing," said West Hollywood resident Kathy Blaivis. "I'd like to say it's the first time I've heard about a gun in the park, but it's not."
Investigators said they believe the same man was responsible for both shootings. He is described as a black man, 5-foot-9, about 150 pounds and in his mid 20s to mid 30s. He had a medium complexion with light facial hair. Police said he may be a transient and may have been riding a bicycle.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) 527-3247.
Coincidentally, Plummer Park is the starting point for the 13th annual Transgender Day Of Remembrance March and Program on Sunday. The event begins at 1 p.m.
shooting, homicide investigation, hollywood, west hollywood, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 2 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 21 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 9 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite 4 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour