Los Angeles News
Hit-and-run suspect falls out of tree, shuts down 5 Freeway
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected hit-and-run driver running from the California Highway Patrol was caught after he fell out of a tree Tueday morning.
The incident occurred just before 1 a.m. around the Burbank Boulevard on-ramp on the Golden State (5) Freeway.
Authorities say the suspect was involved in a hit-and-run accident and tried to evade police.
He then climbed into some trees and started to jump from tree to tree. He was finally taken into custody after he fell out of one of the trees.
The chase temporarily shut down the 5 Freeway, but all lanes reopened around 2:30 a.m.
arrest, freeway, unbelievable, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants