Los Angeles News
Hit-and-run suspect falls out of tree, shuts down 5 Freeway
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected hit-and-run driver running from the California Highway Patrol was caught after he fell out of a tree Tueday morning.
The incident occurred just before 1 a.m. around the Burbank Boulevard on-ramp on the Golden State (5) Freeway.
Authorities say the suspect was involved in a hit-and-run accident and tried to evade police.
He then climbed into some trees and started to jump from tree to tree. He was finally taken into custody after he fell out of one of the trees.
The chase temporarily shut down the 5 Freeway, but all lanes reopened around 2:30 a.m.
arrest, freeway, unbelievable, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour