Los Angeles News
Holiday shopping season: Fights erupt at mall
CULVER CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- As the holiday shopping season gets under way, police in Culver City said on Friday they've received numerous calls from the mall of people fighting.
One fight that broke out outside the H&M store was caught on tape. A few young men and women were seen getting tangled up and taking swings at each other.
So far, no one has been arrested.
Overall, it has been a peaceful and fun Black Friday shopping experience for most at the Westfield Culver City, which opened its doors at midnight.
Crystal Jones said she waited in a long line at GameStop, but when she got to the register, she was told that her item had been paid for by another woman.
"She was so sweet," Jones said. "It was a great Black Friday."
At the Best Buy in Pasadena, shoppers rushed around the store for the best deals, but there were no skirmishes.
"We have really good control. In fact, most of our customers thank us for getting in, getting out smoothly," said Best Buy Pasadena general manager John Farley. "It's a really well oiled machine."
Experts say this weekend could break shopping records. About 152 million people are expected to shop over Black Friday weekend, which is up 10 percent, according to the National Retail Federation.
fight, holiday, shopping, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 44 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 17 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 23 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 25 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks