Los Angeles News
Car plunges 75 feet off Malibu road
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County Fire Department officials say a car carrying three people plunged 75 feet off the side of a road in Malibu on Saturday night.
Two passengers sustained serious injuries, officials said. One victim was airlifted to the hospital and the other was transported by land. The third passenger was treated at the scene.
The accident happened about 9 p.m. about a half mile north of Pepperdine University, Pacific Coast Highway and John Tyler Drive.
Deputies say the victims were lucky because of eyewitnesses. The victims were quickly found by emergency crews who were given their exact location.
The crash closed westbound PCH at Malibu Canyon Road.
malibu/pacific palisades, car crash, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 21 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
12 min ago