Los Angeles News
Car plunges 75 feet off Malibu road
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County Fire Department officials say a car carrying three people plunged 75 feet off the side of a road in Malibu on Saturday night.
Two passengers sustained serious injuries, officials said. One victim was airlifted to the hospital and the other was transported by land. The third passenger was treated at the scene.
The accident happened about 9 p.m. about a half mile north of Pepperdine University, Pacific Coast Highway and John Tyler Drive.
Deputies say the victims were lucky because of eyewitnesses. The victims were quickly found by emergency crews who were given their exact location.
The crash closed westbound PCH at Malibu Canyon Road.
malibu/pacific palisades, car crash, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 20 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 11 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2