Los Angeles News
Car plunges 75 feet off Malibu road
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County Fire Department officials say a car carrying three people plunged 75 feet off the side of a road in Malibu on Saturday night.
Two passengers sustained serious injuries, officials said. One victim was airlifted to the hospital and the other was transported by land. The third passenger was treated at the scene.
The accident happened about 9 p.m. about a half mile north of Pepperdine University, Pacific Coast Highway and John Tyler Drive.
Deputies say the victims were lucky because of eyewitnesses. The victims were quickly found by emergency crews who were given their exact location.
The crash closed westbound PCH at Malibu Canyon Road.
malibu/pacific palisades, car crash, los angeles news
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 35 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale