Los Angeles News
LAPD headquarters briefly evacuated due to package
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD headquarters in downtown Los Angeles was briefly evacuated because of a suspicious item in the lobby on Tuesday.
Police said the package was discovered at about 10:30 a.m. The lobby and front courtyard area were closed as a precaution, as the bomb squad investigated.
The bomb squad deemed the package safe, and the building was reopened after about 20 minutes.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons