Los Angeles News
LAPD headquarters briefly evacuated due to package
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD headquarters in downtown Los Angeles was briefly evacuated because of a suspicious item in the lobby on Tuesday.
Police said the package was discovered at about 10:30 a.m. The lobby and front courtyard area were closed as a precaution, as the bomb squad investigated.
The bomb squad deemed the package safe, and the building was reopened after about 20 minutes.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover