Los Angeles News
Big rig crash injures 3, snarls I-5 traffic
SYLMAR, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Several big rigs collided in the rain-slicked truck lane tunnel on the southbound Golden State (5) Freeway at the eastbound Antelope Valley (14) Freeway on Monday night.
At least four trucks were directly involved in the crash, including a gas tanker, and about another 11 were also affected. There appeared to be no leak or fire as a result.
The accident happened about 8:30 p.m. in the I-5 tunnel in the Sylmar area.
Los Angeles Fire Department officials said two men were taken to hospitals with minor injuries. County fire transported a third person, also with minor injuries.
traffic delay, car crash, antelope valley, train accident, los angeles news
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers 34 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect 5 min ago
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film