Los Angeles News
'Virtual Snow LA' helps with snowboarding, skiing skills
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- If you've always wanted to ski or snowboard, or maybe just brush up on your skills, Virtual Snow Los Angeles in Santa Monica is here to help.
I tried out my boarding skills, and I was closer to the beach than Big Bear!
The ski-run simulator really makes it a fun and painless way to get ready for the snow season.
Using a state-of-the-art downhill simulator, students learn proper technique, and Virtual Snow provides the boots and gear.
The harness and the bar provide confidence needed to learn how to control your board, practice your stance, master how to steer using your edges, and most importantly, learn how to stop.
"It's just going to keep you from falling down over and over and over again and have more fun the few times you get to go," said Adam Kennedy, who has taken his family there for lessons.
The machine really helps take away that fear of falling, so you can focus on learning, and it's a great workout!
Virtual Snow L.A. contact info:
3105 Pico Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90405
snow, los angeles news, alysha del valle
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees