Los Angeles News
Mom kidnaps son, 3, during monitored visitation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are asking for the public's help to find a mother and her 3-year-old son whom she's suspected of kidnapping.
Los Angeles police said Iman Maryam Sufi, 48, was having a supervised visit with her son on Nov. 5 on the 6300 block of Van Nuys Boulevard.
The boy's father has sole custody rights, but Sufi is allowed weekly monitored visits.
According to detectives, Sufi tricked the person monitoring the visit by locking her in a parking structure and then taking off with her son.
Sufi drives a 2002 black, four-door Honda Accord with the California license plate number 6KMS717.
Anyone with information was urged to call police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
kidnap, missing person, los angeles news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody 43 min ago
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 6 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- Citibank in Tarzana robbed; suspects get away 26 min ago
- 3 arrested for stealing gas from Fontana station
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial 32 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- 'Hangover 3' completes trilogy back in Vegas
52 min ago