Los Angeles News
Father of 3 killed in Rampart area shooting
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a father of three was killed in a shooting in the Rampart area on Saturday.
The incident happened just after midnight in the 400 block of Witmer Street.
The victim, 41-year-old Juan Jose Barajas Jr., was shot in the upper torso outside of the apartment building where he lived.
He was rushed to the hospital, but died from his injuries.
No arrests have been made.
According to a witness, Batrahas was on the porch of his apartment when someone passed by in a car and for an unknown reason opened fire. Several shots were fired at the victim with a medium caliber handgun.
The suspects fled in a car that has been described as a gold colored sedan possibly Ford or Chevrolet.
Police said Barajas is not a documented gang member.
If you have information regarding the shooting, you're urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
shooting, downtown, lapd, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 35 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32 14 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)