Los Angeles News
Father of 3 killed in Rampart area shooting
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a father of three was killed in a shooting in the Rampart area on Saturday.
The incident happened just after midnight in the 400 block of Witmer Street.
The victim, 41-year-old Juan Jose Barajas Jr., was shot in the upper torso outside of the apartment building where he lived.
He was rushed to the hospital, but died from his injuries.
No arrests have been made.
According to a witness, Batrahas was on the porch of his apartment when someone passed by in a car and for an unknown reason opened fire. Several shots were fired at the victim with a medium caliber handgun.
The suspects fled in a car that has been described as a gold colored sedan possibly Ford or Chevrolet.
Police said Barajas is not a documented gang member.
If you have information regarding the shooting, you're urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
shooting, downtown, lapd, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing 55 min ago
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)