Los Angeles News
10 people injured in 9-car Leimert Park crash
LEIMERT PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A crash involving nine cars happened in Leimert Park just after 1:30 p.m. Sunday, injuring 10 people.
A silver Chevrolet pickup truck was heading north on Crenshaw Boulevard at what police suspect was a very high speed when it collided with two vehicles that had slowed down for the traffic light at Vernon Avenue.
"The Colorado pickup truck collided into the back of small Chevy sedan and a Ford SUV, which caused a chain reaction collision with the other vehicles, nine to be exact," said Los Angeles Police Sgt. Rodney Carter.
Ten people were injured. One person had to be removed from their vehicle with the Jaws of Life. Four occupants of the other vehicles were hospitalized, including the female driver of the truck who reportedly broke her ankle.
Two suffered critical injuries, and others had minor injuries.
Police worked to clear the intersection and investigate what caused the crash. They do not believe that any suspicious behavior occurred, and no one is facing criminal charges at this time.
car crash, leimert park, los angeles news, amy powell
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 6 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg 3 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break