Los Angeles News
60 Freeway in Montebello shut overnight for overpass demolition
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Part of the 60 Freeway in Montebello reopened Monday morning after crews closed lanes for construction work, but the delays are not over.
A gasoline tanker fire damaged the Paramount Boulevard Bridge last week. Half of the overpass has already been removed.
The westbound side of the 60 Freeway is being shut down overnight from the 605 Freeway to Garfield Avenue for demolition of the other half of the bridge.
Similar closures are expected for the next few nights until the work is complete.
fire, explosion, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 45 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 34 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 28 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 41 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)