Los Angeles News
North Hollywood search warrant yields 21 pounds of pot, 1 arrest
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Santa Rosa man was arrested Tuesday morning for possessing 21 pounds of marijuana with intent to sell.
L.A. County Sheriff's deputies served a search warrant at a Best Western hotel on the 12600 block of Riverside Dr. at 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Deputies discovered 16 pounds of marijuana bud and 5 pounds of concentrated cannabis, according to the department. Deputies also found cash in excess of $10,000. The street value of the marijuana was estimated at $260,000.
Santa Rosa resident Michael Walsh was arrested for possession of marijuana for sale and was booked at the Malibu/Lost Hills sheriff's station.
The search warrant was the result of a three-week investigation by the narcotics bureau of the sheriff's department.
Anyone with information regarding this case should contact Detective Scott Schulze at (818) 878-1808 or to remain anonymous, call L.A. Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS, text the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or go to http://lacrimestoppers.org.
arrest, marijuana, los angeles news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 46 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 10 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist 46 min ago
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'