Los Angeles News
Chatsworth double-murder suspect charged in killings
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 43-year-old man was charged with murder in the deaths of two people whose bodies were discovered August in Chatsworth.
Prosecutors charged Brent Zubek with the murders of John David Lee, 40, and Oletta Williams, 28.
He was also charged with assault with a firearm on a peace officer and other charges following a manhunt that ended in a shootout in Encino.
Zubek was shot in the hip by officers after he pulled a gun and pointed it at them. No officers were injured.
Police believe the victims were killed five to six weeks before the decomposed bodies were found on the 20400 block of Lassen Street.
Prosecutors will decide later whether to seek the death penalty. Zubek is being held without bail.
shooting, lapd, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 10 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 45 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 28 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)