Los Angeles News
Chatsworth double-murder suspect charged in killings
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 43-year-old man was charged with murder in the deaths of two people whose bodies were discovered August in Chatsworth.
Prosecutors charged Brent Zubek with the murders of John David Lee, 40, and Oletta Williams, 28.
He was also charged with assault with a firearm on a peace officer and other charges following a manhunt that ended in a shootout in Encino.
Zubek was shot in the hip by officers after he pulled a gun and pointed it at them. No officers were injured.
Police believe the victims were killed five to six weeks before the decomposed bodies were found on the 20400 block of Lassen Street.
Prosecutors will decide later whether to seek the death penalty. Zubek is being held without bail.
shooting, lapd, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen 59 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 45 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 19 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour