Los Angeles News
Bicyclist dragged by SUV, killed in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are trying to track down a hit-and-run driver who hit a bicyclist, dragged him and left him to die in Pomona.
The incident happened at Sixth Street and Towne Avenue at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police said an SUV slammed into the bicycle rider at that intersection and dragged him for about half a block. He died at the scene from his injuries.
The driver did not stop.
Witnesses described the hit-and-run vehicle as a green Dodge or Chrysler SUV.
If you have any information about the crash, you're urged to call Pomona police at (909) 622-1241.
pomona, car crash, hit and run, los angeles news
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 3 min ago
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video