Los Angeles News
Missing kayaker off Malibu coast identified
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities now know the identity of the kayaker who went missing off the Malibu coast Thursday.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said 65-year-old Louis Robert Piatt of Pacific Palisades was still missing as of Friday evening.
Around 3:00 p.m. Thursday, Piatt called 911 saying he was off the Malibu coastline near the pier and was having chest pains.
Authorities found an overturned kayak and a life vest about two miles off shore.
Piatt's car was still parked at a nearby parking lot.
Piatt is described as a white male, 5 feet nine inches tall, weighing 170 pounds, balding with brown eyes.
Anyone with information about Piatt's whereabouts should contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 267-4800 .
malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 21 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 12 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2