Los Angeles News
Missing kayaker off Malibu coast identified
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities now know the identity of the kayaker who went missing off the Malibu coast Thursday.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said 65-year-old Louis Robert Piatt of Pacific Palisades was still missing as of Friday evening.
Around 3:00 p.m. Thursday, Piatt called 911 saying he was off the Malibu coastline near the pier and was having chest pains.
Authorities found an overturned kayak and a life vest about two miles off shore.
Piatt's car was still parked at a nearby parking lot.
Piatt is described as a white male, 5 feet nine inches tall, weighing 170 pounds, balding with brown eyes.
Anyone with information about Piatt's whereabouts should contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 267-4800 .
malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead 40 min ago
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide