Los Angeles News
Missing kayaker off Malibu coast identified
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities now know the identity of the kayaker who went missing off the Malibu coast Thursday.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said 65-year-old Louis Robert Piatt of Pacific Palisades was still missing as of Friday evening.
Around 3:00 p.m. Thursday, Piatt called 911 saying he was off the Malibu coastline near the pier and was having chest pains.
Authorities found an overturned kayak and a life vest about two miles off shore.
Piatt's car was still parked at a nearby parking lot.
Piatt is described as a white male, 5 feet nine inches tall, weighing 170 pounds, balding with brown eyes.
Anyone with information about Piatt's whereabouts should contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 267-4800 .
malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 16 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 7 min ago
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones 29 min ago
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 46 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
2 min ago