Los Angeles News
Excitement building over Rose Parade
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The excitement is building in Pasadena as spectators begin camping along Monday's Rose Parade route.
Thousands of people began staking out prime spots on Colorado Boulevard. Most were equipped with folding chairs, tents, board games, sleeping bags and some even brought out barbecue grills.
"I don't think you'll find floats any better than the Rose Parade, anywhere in the country," said Florida resident Richard Wigglesworth, who was decked out in Wisconsin gear in support of his team playing Oregon at the Rose Bowl.
In all, 700,000 people are expected to attend the event.
Volunteers finished decorating the floats Sunday morning and the judges went by the warehouses to inspect them.
The gigantic floats were then moved to the route, from Irwindale to Pasadena, 19 miles at 3 mph. It was an arduous undertaking that took hours to complete so the flowers wouldn't be damaged.
"Going slower is faster," said Tim Estes, a volunteer for the Fiesta Parade float.
rose parade, los angeles news
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake 26 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 7 min ago
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego 32 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)