Los Angeles News
Woman walking dog finds body in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman walking her dog in Wilmington made a grim discovery Monday evening. She found a woman's body in the bushes on the 700 block of L Street.
The woman said at first she thought she saw a transient sleeping, but on closer inspection, she saw the body of a woman who looked to be anywhere from 18 to 25 years old.
The body was partially clothed. It's unknown how long the body had been there.
The victim was determined to be a 28-year-old Hispanic woman. Police said she had been assaulted.
Los Angeles Police Department Robbery-Homicide investigators are handling the case.
The deceased woman's identity was not released pending notification of next of kin.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Los Angeles Police Dept. at (877) LAPD-247.
body found, homicide investigation, murder, lapd, los angeles news
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 52 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate