Los Angeles News
Woman walking dog finds body in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman walking her dog in Wilmington made a grim discovery Monday evening. She found a woman's body in the bushes on the 700 block of L Street.
The woman said at first she thought she saw a transient sleeping, but on closer inspection, she saw the body of a woman who looked to be anywhere from 18 to 25 years old.
The body was partially clothed. It's unknown how long the body had been there.
The victim was determined to be a 28-year-old Hispanic woman. Police said she had been assaulted.
Los Angeles Police Department Robbery-Homicide investigators are handling the case.
The deceased woman's identity was not released pending notification of next of kin.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Los Angeles Police Dept. at (877) LAPD-247.
body found, homicide investigation, murder, lapd, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video