Los Angeles News
Woman with hammer shot by deputy in Rosemead
ROSEMEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Rosemead after a fatal deputy-involved shooting.
Deputies were called to a clinic in the 9300 block of Valley Boulevard on Wednesday after reports of a woman threatening people with a hammer.
Authorities said when they arrived at the scene, a 40-year-old Asian woman came toward them wielding a hammer and screaming.
They fired a Taser at her, but she kept coming toward them. That's when a deputy shot her.
The woman died at the scene. No deputies were injured.
People who originally called police said the woman may have been mentally ill.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke