Los Angeles News
Photo of SUV in deadly North Hollywood shooting released
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are hoping someone can help identify the suspects who killed a man in North Hollywood as they fled a robbery. A new surveillance photo of the vehicle driven by the suspects was released.
Danilo Estuerdo Morales, 24, was shot on Monday night outside a home in the 8100 block of Coldwater Canyon Boulevard. His grandfather, Manuel Flores, had just returned home from the grocery store when he was confronted by three robbery suspects in his driveway.
The suspects grabbed $20 and a gold chain and fired a shot. The bullet missed him and hit the door.
Morales heard his grandfather scream, ran outside and tried to chase the suspects. He broke the back window of their vehicle, but then, the suspects shot Morales in the forehead.
"My brother's my hero, our hero, his hero, and I hope there's justice," said sister Jennifer Morales. "I just want these guys to pay for what they did.
You can see the pain in their eyes as family members and friends visit the memorial for Morales.
"Everyone is suffering right now. Everyone is trying not to think about it, but it's hard," said family friend Herson Sanabria.
It's not just family who want the suspects caught. Residents said they were anxious for an arrest in the case.
"We've been here for awhile, and never has something like that happened," said North Hollywood resident Rose.
Maria Calderon stopped by the growing memorial outside the house because her son was shot and killed in the same area a few years ago.
With so many security cameras in the area, police were able to find at least one that captured an image of the vehicle driven by the suspects. The vehicle was described as a white 1997 to 1999 Mitsubishi Montero with a missing back window and a long red rear reflector.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
The family is trying to pay for a funeral for Morales. An account has been set up for those who would like to donate:
shooting, north hollywood, robbery, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 1 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts