Los Angeles News
Burglary suspect escapes from Torrance Courthouse
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A search was under way in Torrance on Wednesday for a burglary suspect who escaped from the Torrance Courthouse.
Authorities say Danny Navarro, 20, was being arraigned at the courthouse. Officials say when the district attorney asked the court to raise the bail amount, Navarro ran out at about 10:30 a.m. He was last seen running eastbound on Maricopa Street.
Torrance police say he wasn't in handcuffs when he escaped.
He was described as a Hispanic male, 6 feet, about 160 pounds, wearing a blue button shirt and dark jeans.
After a search of the area, police were unable to locate Navarro.
south bay, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)