Los Angeles News
Local college student dead after collapsing on campus field
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Cerritos College student is dead after collapsing on the campus athletic field Jan. 11.
Matthew Tautolo, 20, of Long Beach, was participating in a physical education activity around 2:30 p.m. when he asked the instructor to be excused to retrieve athletic shoes from his car. He then collapsed on the field.
Faculty members and students summoned for help, and L.A. County paramedics arrived minutes later. Attempts were made to revive Tautolo on the field and en route to Coast Plaza Hospital to no avail. Doctors pronounced him dead at about 3:14 p.m.
Dr. Linda Lacy, president and superintendent, extended her sympathies to the college community. "We all feel the loss when a member of our college family passes," she said.
Student Health Services is arranging for grief counseling to be available for students and staff who seek assistance.
los angeles news
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 12 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 58 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 28 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)