Los Angeles News
Mom busted for bringing pot to juvenile probation camp while visiting son
SAN DIMAS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 44-year-old mother was busted for having marijuana in her purse while visiting her son at a Los Angeles County juvenile probation camp.
Rhonda Gonzales was arrested Saturday at Camp Glenn Rockey in San Dimas after deputies found several bundles of pot and a phony medical marijuana card.
Officials said they recently stepped up visitor searches after noticing a surge in drug possession among its juvenile inmates.
Gonzales also had an outstanding warrant from the city of Bellflower. She's being held on $35,000 bail.
arrest, marijuana, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four 32 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10