Los Angeles News
2 arrests in deadly North Hollywood robbery shooting
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police said two arrests have been made in connection to a deadly shooting during a North Hollywood robbery last Monday night.
Danilo Morales, 24, was killed while trying to chase down the men who mugged his grandfather for $20 and a gold chain.
Morales tried to stop the robbers by smashing the rear window of their SUV. That's when Morales was shot in the forehead.
Police had surveillance video of the suspected getaway SUV, a white Mitsubishi Montero Sport. It is unclear if they found the SUV.
Detectives said a tip from community members led to the arrests of Rene Ramirez, 29, of Mission Hills, and Evin Adonis Ortiz, 22, of Valley Glen.
The suspects were booked on murder charges. They were held without bail.
A third suspect is still at large.
In tears, the victim's mother said she is thankful police have arrested two suspects, but she would not want to see the person that took her son's life. She said it won't bring him back.
"Hopefully they judge them how they need to be judged for what they did," said the victim's aunt, Martha Flores. "They took our nephew that didn't deserve to go this way."
"They have to pay," said the victim's grandfather, Manuel Flores.
shooting, north hollywood, robbery, arrest, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 43 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
40 min ago