Los Angeles News
2 arrests in deadly North Hollywood robbery shooting
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police said two arrests have been made in connection to a deadly shooting during a North Hollywood robbery last Monday night.
Danilo Morales, 24, was killed while trying to chase down the men who mugged his grandfather for $20 and a gold chain.
Morales tried to stop the robbers by smashing the rear window of their SUV. That's when Morales was shot in the forehead.
Police had surveillance video of the suspected getaway SUV, a white Mitsubishi Montero Sport. It is unclear if they found the SUV.
Detectives said a tip from community members led to the arrests of Rene Ramirez, 29, of Mission Hills, and Evin Adonis Ortiz, 22, of Valley Glen.
The suspects were booked on murder charges. They were held without bail.
A third suspect is still at large.
In tears, the victim's mother said she is thankful police have arrested two suspects, but she would not want to see the person that took her son's life. She said it won't bring him back.
"Hopefully they judge them how they need to be judged for what they did," said the victim's aunt, Martha Flores. "They took our nephew that didn't deserve to go this way."
"They have to pay," said the victim's grandfather, Manuel Flores.
shooting, north hollywood, robbery, arrest, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 27 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks