Los Angeles News
2 arrests in deadly North Hollywood robbery shooting
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police said two arrests have been made in connection to a deadly shooting during a North Hollywood robbery last Monday night.
Danilo Morales, 24, was killed while trying to chase down the men who mugged his grandfather for $20 and a gold chain.
Morales tried to stop the robbers by smashing the rear window of their SUV. That's when Morales was shot in the forehead.
Police had surveillance video of the suspected getaway SUV, a white Mitsubishi Montero Sport. It is unclear if they found the SUV.
Detectives said a tip from community members led to the arrests of Rene Ramirez, 29, of Mission Hills, and Evin Adonis Ortiz, 22, of Valley Glen.
The suspects were booked on murder charges. They were held without bail.
A third suspect is still at large.
In tears, the victim's mother said she is thankful police have arrested two suspects, but she would not want to see the person that took her son's life. She said it won't bring him back.
"Hopefully they judge them how they need to be judged for what they did," said the victim's aunt, Martha Flores. "They took our nephew that didn't deserve to go this way."
"They have to pay," said the victim's grandfather, Manuel Flores.
shooting, north hollywood, robbery, arrest, los angeles news, carlos granda
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 47 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted 52 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler