Los Angeles News
2 charged in death in botched NoHo robbery
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two suspects were formally charged with capital murder Tuesday for the shooting death of a man who tried to help his grandfather during a robbery in North Hollywood.
Evin Ortiz, 22, of Valley Glen and Rene Ramirez, 29, of Panorama City are scheduled to make court appearances Wednesday. A third suspect remains at large and unidentified.
Last week, 24-year-old Danilo Morales chased after three men who police say robbed his 68-year-old grandfather on Coldwater Canyon Avenue.
One of the suspects fatally shot Morales.
Ortiz and Ramirez were charged with one count each of special-circumstance murder, attempted murder, assault with a firearm, and second-degree robbery.
The special circumstance of murder for robbery makes this a potential death penalty case. Prosecutors will decide later whether to seek the death penalty.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, north hollywood, robbery, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 54 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 13 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 11 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 28 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 18 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 51 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)