Los Angeles News
LA City Council gives final approval to porn condom ordinance
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council on Tuesday approved a controversial ordinance that would require adult film actors to use condoms on porn sets.
The council voted nine to one to give final approval to the ordinance.
It also requires film companies to pay a fee for a film permit in order to pay for inspections.
Proponents say the ordinance will help curb the spread of HIV in the industry. Opponents say condoms are not needed and consistent testing for sexually transmitted diseases is enough.
health, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 29 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis