Los Angeles News
Suspect charged in nightclub owner death in Baldwin Hills
BALDWIN HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An alleged gang member has been charged with capital murder in the death of an Inglewood nightclub owner.
Prosecutors say 31-year-old Dennis Roy Brown, also known as "June Bug," shot and robbed Ester Alonzo as he pulled into his Baldwin Hills home in May 2011, after he returned home from his night club.
Brown is purportedly a member of the Rollin 20's Blood gang.
He was charged Tuesday with one count of murder.
Brown is expected to be back in court on Jan. 30.
Prosecutors say a decision on whether to seek the death penalty will be made after the preliminary hearing.
murder, baldwin hills, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour 16 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy 48 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 3 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Oxnard nursery relieved plants didn't freeze
14 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
5 min ago