Los Angeles News
Suspect charged in nightclub owner death in Baldwin Hills
BALDWIN HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An alleged gang member has been charged with capital murder in the death of an Inglewood nightclub owner.
Prosecutors say 31-year-old Dennis Roy Brown, also known as "June Bug," shot and robbed Ester Alonzo as he pulled into his Baldwin Hills home in May 2011, after he returned home from his night club.
Brown is purportedly a member of the Rollin 20's Blood gang.
He was charged Tuesday with one count of murder.
Brown is expected to be back in court on Jan. 30.
Prosecutors say a decision on whether to seek the death penalty will be made after the preliminary hearing.
murder, baldwin hills, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78 16 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report