Los Angeles News
Police search landfill for gun used in murder of Winnetka teen
WOODLAND HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police will be searching a local landfill on Wednesday to look for the gun used in the murder of a high school soccer player.
Investigators and volunteers will be scouring the Calabasas Landfill, located in the 5300 block of Lost Hills Road in Agoura.
Francisco Rodriguez was gunned down after being lured outside his home in Winnetka on Jan. 11. The 17-year old was a student at El Camino Real High School in Woodland Hills.
Authorities have charged 24-year-old, Jason Schumann in Rodriguez's murder.
Schumann's girlfriend Elizabeth Ibarra, 19, has not been charged in Rodriguez's murder, but is in jail on unrelated charges.
shooting, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)