Los Angeles News
Police search landfill for gun used in murder of Winnetka teen
WOODLAND HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police will be searching a local landfill on Wednesday to look for the gun used in the murder of a high school soccer player.
Investigators and volunteers will be scouring the Calabasas Landfill, located in the 5300 block of Lost Hills Road in Agoura.
Francisco Rodriguez was gunned down after being lured outside his home in Winnetka on Jan. 11. The 17-year old was a student at El Camino Real High School in Woodland Hills.
Authorities have charged 24-year-old, Jason Schumann in Rodriguez's murder.
Schumann's girlfriend Elizabeth Ibarra, 19, has not been charged in Rodriguez's murder, but is in jail on unrelated charges.
shooting, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book