Los Angeles News
Silver Lake body identified as missing woman
SILVER LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities have identified the young woman whose body was found near a freeway in Silver Lake.
Bree'ana Guzman was last seen in front of her Lincoln Heights home, where a small memorial of candles and flowers has been set up in her memory. Family and friends have held several vigils hoping to find her alive. Friday, people stopped by the small makeshift memorial to pay their respects.
Family members and the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that the body is indeed Guzman's.
Her body was found Thursday near the Riverside Drive onramp to the Glendale (2) Freeway in Silver Lake. Her body was partially clothed and apparently dumped at the location. A Caltrans crew made the discovery at about 9 a.m.
"Actually, it's kind of scary to be out right now here. I mean, it looks calm and everything, but you never know what could happen," said Los Angeles resident Cristel Sanchez.
Guzman left her home about a month ago after telling family members that she was walking to a local drug store to buy cough medicine. That was the last time she was seen.
The 22-year-old leaves behind two children.
Detectives spent all day Thursday at the crime scene, but so far, they are not releasing any other details about the investigation.
Guzman's case is being handled by LAPD's Robbery-Homicide Bureau, but a final cause of death will be determined by the L.A. County Coroner's Office.
body found, silver lake, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 56 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 44 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis