Los Angeles News
Silver Lake body identified as missing woman
SILVER LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities have identified the young woman whose body was found near a freeway in Silver Lake.
Bree'ana Guzman was last seen in front of her Lincoln Heights home, where a small memorial of candles and flowers has been set up in her memory. Family and friends have held several vigils hoping to find her alive. Friday, people stopped by the small makeshift memorial to pay their respects.
Family members and the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that the body is indeed Guzman's.
Her body was found Thursday near the Riverside Drive onramp to the Glendale (2) Freeway in Silver Lake. Her body was partially clothed and apparently dumped at the location. A Caltrans crew made the discovery at about 9 a.m.
"Actually, it's kind of scary to be out right now here. I mean, it looks calm and everything, but you never know what could happen," said Los Angeles resident Cristel Sanchez.
Guzman left her home about a month ago after telling family members that she was walking to a local drug store to buy cough medicine. That was the last time she was seen.
The 22-year-old leaves behind two children.
Detectives spent all day Thursday at the crime scene, but so far, they are not releasing any other details about the investigation.
Guzman's case is being handled by LAPD's Robbery-Homicide Bureau, but a final cause of death will be determined by the L.A. County Coroner's Office.
body found, silver lake, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 19 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 10 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2