Los Angeles News
UCLA students warned of sexual attacker on campus
WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- University of California, Los Angeles students are being warned about a sexual attacker on campus.
Campus police said a female student was sexually assaulted outside student housing around 2:30 a.m. Friday.
They said the student was attacked at the top of the heavily-trafficked but dimly-lit steps to the Saxon Suites from Gayley Avenue.
Police said she came into contact with a man about that time. After a brief conversation, she was allegedly attacked, but was able to escape and was not physically injured.
Police are still looking for the suspect, who is described as a white man who appears to be about 21 years old, about 6 feet tall and 150 pounds with short brown hair and blue eyes.
Police said he was wearing shorts and a white T-shirt at the time of the alleged attack.
Students said the steps are used frequently as a shortcut between university housing and Gayley Avenue.
"A lot of people actually use this path, so I don't usually think of it as somewhere that I would consider dangerous," said student Joaquin Camacho.
Anyone with information is asked to call the UCLA Police Department at (310) 825-1491.
school, sexual assault, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 55 min ago
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Cool Kid raises money for children's hospital
24 min ago