Los Angeles News
Driver leads CHP in risky pursuit through LA
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man suspected of leading police on a dangerous high-speed chase from Diamond Bar to the downtown Los Angeles area Monday night is in custody. A passenger in the car is still on the loose.
The pursuit began on the Pomona Freeway when California Highway Patrol officer tried to stop the compact car for a carpool lane violation.
Within minutes, the chase reached Echo Park, where speeds reached 80 miles per hour.
The driver evaded a pit maneuver, hit a car at one intersection, narrowly missed pedestrians and went the wrong way.
The two suspects pulled over near Adams Boulevard and Central Avenue and ran down an alley.
About two hours later, police tracked the suspected driver down behind a shed and took him into custody.
car chase, arrest, los angeles news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 5 min ago
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe 6 min ago
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims 14 min ago
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed 56 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe' 2 min ago
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale 22 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
46 min ago