Los Angeles News
Driver leads CHP in risky pursuit through LA
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man suspected of leading police on a dangerous high-speed chase from Diamond Bar to the downtown Los Angeles area Monday night is in custody. A passenger in the car is still on the loose.
The pursuit began on the Pomona Freeway when California Highway Patrol officer tried to stop the compact car for a carpool lane violation.
Within minutes, the chase reached Echo Park, where speeds reached 80 miles per hour.
The driver evaded a pit maneuver, hit a car at one intersection, narrowly missed pedestrians and went the wrong way.
The two suspects pulled over near Adams Boulevard and Central Avenue and ran down an alley.
About two hours later, police tracked the suspected driver down behind a shed and took him into custody.
car chase, arrest, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 5 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 43 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs 12 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)