Los Angeles News
LAPD shuts down last pot clinic in Devonshire area
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The last medical marijuana storefront in the Devonshire area is officially out of business.
Detectives on Monday raided Herbal Medicine Care on the 10100 block of Topanga Canyon Boulevard in Northridge.
Three suspects were arrested and more than 50 pounds of pot and thousands of dollars in cash were seized.
Though they're happy with their success, authorities said there's more work to be done.
"We're not done yet. There are approximately 200 other locations within the San Fernando Valley that we're also going to be targeting and specifically addressing to ensure that we don't have storefront locations that are operating illegally with their sales of marijuana," said Deputy Chief Jorge Villegas of the Los Angeles Police Department.
Police said many people have set up similar storefronts to illegally sell pot for profit and not medical purposes.
medical marijuana, marijuana, marijuana clinic, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 10 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months