Los Angeles News
Lincoln Heights murders of woman, teen are unrelated, LAPD says
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The murders of a Lincoln Heights woman and a teenager, whose bodies were found off the sides of freeways in separate incidents, do not appear to be linked, Los Angeles police said Tuesday.
Los Angeles Police Department Robbery-Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a woman believed by family members to be Bree'ana Guzman, 22, who was found dead on a Glendale Freeway offramp Jan. 26.
The LAPD's Hollenbeck-area homicide detectives are handling the murder of 17-year-old Michelle Lozano, whose body was found dumped along Interstate 5 on April 25, 2011.
Detectives have been comparing notes and said that at this time they do not believe the two cases are related.
Police also said they have looked into reports by community members saying that several males in a white van have tried kidnapping young women from the street. Detectives said these reports have not been corroborated and are likely fanned by social networking sites.
There are also sketches of a possible suspect circulating. Police said they have not released any sketches of a suspect.
Anyone with information on these cases is urged to contact the LAPD at (800) 222-8477.
body found, silver lake, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers 58 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Bear cub frequents Duarte for snacks
35 min ago