Los Angeles News
Lincoln Heights murders of woman, teen are unrelated, LAPD says
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The murders of a Lincoln Heights woman and a teenager, whose bodies were found off the sides of freeways in separate incidents, do not appear to be linked, Los Angeles police said Tuesday.
Los Angeles Police Department Robbery-Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a woman believed by family members to be Bree'ana Guzman, 22, who was found dead on a Glendale Freeway offramp Jan. 26.
The LAPD's Hollenbeck-area homicide detectives are handling the murder of 17-year-old Michelle Lozano, whose body was found dumped along Interstate 5 on April 25, 2011.
Detectives have been comparing notes and said that at this time they do not believe the two cases are related.
Police also said they have looked into reports by community members saying that several males in a white van have tried kidnapping young women from the street. Detectives said these reports have not been corroborated and are likely fanned by social networking sites.
There are also sketches of a possible suspect circulating. Police said they have not released any sketches of a suspect.
Anyone with information on these cases is urged to contact the LAPD at (800) 222-8477.
body found, silver lake, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 27 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease 5 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
31 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
1 min ago