Los Angeles News
Judge delays ruling to dismiss Bell corruption charges
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There's no decision yet on whether charges could be dismissed against two former Bell city leaders facing charges of corruption.
Former Bell City Administrator Robert Rizzo and former Assistant Administrator Angela Spaccia are charged with misappropriation of public funds and other counts.
On Thursday the judge was expected to rule on whether those charges should be dismissed, as requested by the defense.
The judge delayed that ruling to Feb. 28.
The so-called "Bell Eight" are accused of misappropriating $5.5 million in public funds.
court case, los angeles news
- Multi-vehicle crash shuts down 405 South 21 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released 4 min ago
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover 7 min ago
- Fatal Baldwin Village fire deemed accident
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video