Los Angeles News
Germain Street Elementary School janitor arrested for inappropriate sexual contact with student
CHATSWORTH, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An elementary school janitor was arrested on suspicion of inappropriate contact with a child, the LAPD announced Monday.
Paul Adame, 37, a janitor employed at Germain Street Elementary School, was arrested in an LAPD and L.A. School Police Department investigation.
The mother of a student went to the LAPD Devonshire Division Sunday at 3 p.m. to report an inappropriate sexual contact between a janitor and her child. The LAPD's Sexual Assault Unit began an investigation, and Adame was identified as the suspect.
Adame was arrested on a felony charge of a lewd act with a child. He was held on $100,000 bail and was later released.
Police said the incident allegedly occurred on Friday during school hours. Detectives are seeking other possible victims in the case.
"Currently the suspect, our employee, is on administrative leave. He will not be reassigned to any campus, school or have any contact with school children until the criminal case is resolved," said Assistant LAUSD Police Chief Jose Santome.
Adame worked at Germain Elementary for about a year. He has worked within the LAUSD for more than 10 years.
Investigators say Adame has prior arrests for grand-theft auto and burglary, but his only conviction was for a misdemeanor of driving a car without the owner's consent.
Devonshire Area detectives are requesting parents of students at Germain Street Elementary School to speak with their children regarding Adame to determine if they were subjected to any inappropriate behavior. If any child has witnessed an inappropriate contact with Adame, the parents should immediately contact the Devonshire Sexual Assault Unit at (818) 832-0609.
During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 877-LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247). Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477). Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cellphone. All text messages should begin with the letters "LAPD". Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.
arrest, sexual assault, sex crimes, lapd, lausd, los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 21 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 24 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
37 min ago