Los Angeles News
Germain Street Elementary School janitor arrested for inappropriate sexual contact with student
CHATSWORTH, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An elementary school janitor was arrested on suspicion of inappropriate contact with a child, the LAPD announced Monday.
Paul Adame, 37, a janitor employed at Germain Street Elementary School, was arrested in an LAPD and L.A. School Police Department investigation.
The mother of a student went to the LAPD Devonshire Division Sunday at 3 p.m. to report an inappropriate sexual contact between a janitor and her child. The LAPD's Sexual Assault Unit began an investigation, and Adame was identified as the suspect.
Adame was arrested on a felony charge of a lewd act with a child. He was held on $100,000 bail and was later released.
Police said the incident allegedly occurred on Friday during school hours. Detectives are seeking other possible victims in the case.
"Currently the suspect, our employee, is on administrative leave. He will not be reassigned to any campus, school or have any contact with school children until the criminal case is resolved," said Assistant LAUSD Police Chief Jose Santome.
Adame worked at Germain Elementary for about a year. He has worked within the LAUSD for more than 10 years.
Investigators say Adame has prior arrests for grand-theft auto and burglary, but his only conviction was for a misdemeanor of driving a car without the owner's consent.
Devonshire Area detectives are requesting parents of students at Germain Street Elementary School to speak with their children regarding Adame to determine if they were subjected to any inappropriate behavior. If any child has witnessed an inappropriate contact with Adame, the parents should immediately contact the Devonshire Sexual Assault Unit at (818) 832-0609.
During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 877-LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247). Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477). Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cellphone. All text messages should begin with the letters "LAPD". Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.
arrest, sexual assault, sex crimes, lapd, lausd, los angeles news
- Covina shooting: 3 injured, including minor 4 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 30 min ago
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies 42 min ago
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K 23 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)