Los Angeles News
LA filmmaker wins $1M for Doritos commercial
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A West Los Angeles filmmaker won $1 million for producing the Super Bowl's best commercial.
The commercial called "Sling Baby," featuring a Doritos-crazed grandmother and a baby taking on a bully, ranked No. 1 by fans in the USA TODAY Facebook Super Bowl Ad Meter.
Kevin Willson won $1 million in prize money from Doritos. He and his friends spent less than $3,000 making the ad, which was shot in a friend's backyard.
"This is surreal. I have not slept for three days," said Willson.
Carsen Warner, 10, played the bully and said he was thrilled to be in a commercial featured during the Super Bowl.
"First we won it, so I'm on the Super Bowl. Now we won it, so we get $1 million. So cool!" he said.
Jacqueline Scott, the actress who played the grandmother, said she's proud of Willson.
"He's just the sweetest, most talented man in the world. We're all so happy for him," said Scott.
Willson is now a step closer to his dream.
"My dream is to become like a mainstream comedy commercial director," Willson said. "It's something that I've been practicing at for many years, and it's finally paying off."
super bowl, television, los angeles news, amy powell
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice 30 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US Korean War vet back in CA after detention 5 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?