Los Angeles News
Vault explosion knocks out power in Koreatown
KOREATOWN, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An underground explosion forced the temporary closure of Western Avenue and 8th Street in Los Angeles' Koreatown on Saturday.
Light smoke was reported in the area, and DWP crews were called to the scene.
According to the L.A. City Fire Department, an underground power vault short-circuited, causing the loss of power to several businesses, apartment buildings and traffic signals in the area.
No injuries or surface damage were reported.
Streets in the area were closed off as firefighters investigated.
explosion, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting 27 min ago
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk 32 min ago
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son