Los Angeles News
Actress Zina Bethune dies in Griffith Park hit-and-run while helping animal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for suspects after a prominent actress and dancer was killed in a hit-and-run accident in Griffith Park.
Zina Feeley, 66, who went by her maiden name Zina Bethune, died shortly after midnight Sunday while trying to help an injured animal along Forest Lawn Drive.
Bethune was driving westbound on Forest Lawn Drive when she stopped and parked her car along the road. Officials said she walked toward the animal, which was on the eastbound lanes, and she was struck by a car. She was later hit by a second vehicle.
Bethune was a noted ballet dancer in her youth and later acted in film and TV, including several soap operas.
In later years, she focused her life on teaching dance and acting to children with disabilities.
"She's brought light and joy to so many people through her art, through her dancing, through the program for these beautiful children," said friend Paula Woodley. "Think of the lives that she has made bright and now hers is gone."
Authorities are looking for a white car that left the scene of the accident.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 34 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 14 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks