Los Angeles News
Actress Zina Bethune dies in Griffith Park hit-and-run while helping animal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for suspects after a prominent actress and dancer was killed in a hit-and-run accident in Griffith Park.
Zina Feeley, 66, who went by her maiden name Zina Bethune, died shortly after midnight Sunday while trying to help an injured animal along Forest Lawn Drive.
Bethune was driving westbound on Forest Lawn Drive when she stopped and parked her car along the road. Officials said she walked toward the animal, which was on the eastbound lanes, and she was struck by a car. She was later hit by a second vehicle.
Bethune was a noted ballet dancer in her youth and later acted in film and TV, including several soap operas.
In later years, she focused her life on teaching dance and acting to children with disabilities.
"She's brought light and joy to so many people through her art, through her dancing, through the program for these beautiful children," said friend Paula Woodley. "Think of the lives that she has made bright and now hers is gone."
Authorities are looking for a white car that left the scene of the accident.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 50 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 15 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 19 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
59 min ago