Los Angeles News
Actress Zina Bethune dies in Griffith Park hit-and-run while helping animal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for suspects after a prominent actress and dancer was killed in a hit-and-run accident in Griffith Park.
Zina Feeley, 66, who went by her maiden name Zina Bethune, died shortly after midnight Sunday while trying to help an injured animal along Forest Lawn Drive.
Bethune was driving westbound on Forest Lawn Drive when she stopped and parked her car along the road. Officials said she walked toward the animal, which was on the eastbound lanes, and she was struck by a car. She was later hit by a second vehicle.
Bethune was a noted ballet dancer in her youth and later acted in film and TV, including several soap operas.
In later years, she focused her life on teaching dance and acting to children with disabilities.
"She's brought light and joy to so many people through her art, through her dancing, through the program for these beautiful children," said friend Paula Woodley. "Think of the lives that she has made bright and now hers is gone."
Authorities are looking for a white car that left the scene of the accident.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moving across Southern California 50 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film