Los Angeles News
Human remains found in Long Beach may belong to man missing since 2002
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Human remains found buried in the backyard of a home in Long Beach may belong to a man who went missing from there in 2002.
Authorities found the remains at a home in the area of 68th Way and Long Beach Boulevard on Saturday after following a tip.
Coroner's investigators are working with homicide detectives to determine the cause of death.
Officials determined the body may be that of Jose Luis Sanchez Vasquez. He was 39 years old when his family reported him missing.
But in January, a relative, who had originally reported him missing, told detectives that he had been found in Mexico. His family no longer lives at the Long Beach home.
Investigators said they're working with Vasquez's family to help identify the remains.
body found, body part found, long beach, los angeles news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach 17 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 27 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Fundraiser held for Corona football player
28 min ago