Los Angeles News
Human remains found in Long Beach may belong to man missing since 2002
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Human remains found buried in the backyard of a home in Long Beach may belong to a man who went missing from there in 2002.
Authorities found the remains at a home in the area of 68th Way and Long Beach Boulevard on Saturday after following a tip.
Coroner's investigators are working with homicide detectives to determine the cause of death.
Officials determined the body may be that of Jose Luis Sanchez Vasquez. He was 39 years old when his family reported him missing.
But in January, a relative, who had originally reported him missing, told detectives that he had been found in Mexico. His family no longer lives at the Long Beach home.
Investigators said they're working with Vasquez's family to help identify the remains.
body found, body part found, long beach, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 37 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds 12 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail 44 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
39 min ago