Los Angeles News
Power outage hits 60,000 on LA's Westside
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A power outage hit some 60,000 Los Angeles Department of Water and Power customers late Tuesday morning on Los Angeles' Westside.
The outage affected a large area, including Venice, Westchester, Playa del Rey and LAX. DWP said the problem started at a receiving station.
Most of the customers only lost power for about 10 minutes, but several thousand didn't have electricity for part of the afternoon.
Emergency generators kicked on at the airport.
By 3 p.m., power was fully restored, according to the LADWP.
power outage, los angeles news
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 8 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Crime Stoppers director swallows evidence
12 min ago