Los Angeles News
Crews work to get Blue Line running for morning commute
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A dozen Blue Line trains were back on track during the Thursday evening commute, but it was not enough to keep frustrated train riders happy.
The line, which runs from Long Beach to downtown Los Angeles, was shut down Thursday morning from the Wilmington/ Imperial station to the 7th and Flower station due to a power outage.
"We had a power supply problem at our maintenance facility at the exit, which didn't allow us to get our trains out this morning," said Metro Executive Director John Roberts.
The Blue Line is oldest light rail line in L.A. and sees 100,000 passengers daily. As a result, many morning commuters dependent on the Blue Line were forced to take alternate transportation. Busses rushed to pick up morning riders. Some faced delays up to 30 minutes or more.
"If it's not this, it's that," said Blue Line rider Dan Glueck. "There's always something going on. With all the money they take from us, you would think they'd be able to get it going on time so people can get to work."
MTA officials say they are working double-time to have the problem completely fixed sometime Thursday night. They are also looking into what caused the power outage, which Roberts says has not happened to the Blue Line since 1990.
traffic delay, power outage, los angeles news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 55 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 42 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 47 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors