Los Angeles News
DUI suspect hurt in Cerritos deputy-involved shooting
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man suspected of driving under the influence is in stable condition after a deputy-involved shooting in Cerritos Sunday night.
The shooting occurred around 7:35 p.m. near the intersection of Judy Way and Cuesta Drive.
Sheriff's deputies said the suspect led them on a reckless pursuit after they tried to pull him over. The circumstances leading up to the shooting were not immediately released.
The suspect was transported to a local hospital. No deputies were injured.
The shooting remains under investigation.
pursuit, shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 25 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash 31 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 9 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 2 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 46 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 50 min ago
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 14 min ago
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks