Los Angeles News
LA Catholic school students get free laptops
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Students in 25 local Catholic schools are getting free laptop computers to help with their education.
Archbishop Jose Gomez helped to kick off the pilot program Monday at the St. Columbkille School in South Los Angeles.
The laptops and Wi-Fi hardware will allow the elementary and high school students to do their school work anywhere.
It's a big boost for families who can't afford laptops.
The goal is to later expand the program to the entire Los Angeles Archdiocese.
education, school, los angeles archdiocese, los angeles news
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 49 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 27 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians