Los Angeles News
LA Catholic school students get free laptops
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Students in 25 local Catholic schools are getting free laptop computers to help with their education.
Archbishop Jose Gomez helped to kick off the pilot program Monday at the St. Columbkille School in South Los Angeles.
The laptops and Wi-Fi hardware will allow the elementary and high school students to do their school work anywhere.
It's a big boost for families who can't afford laptops.
The goal is to later expand the program to the entire Los Angeles Archdiocese.
education, school, los angeles archdiocese, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 14 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 5 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2