Los Angeles News
LA Catholic school students get free laptops
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Students in 25 local Catholic schools are getting free laptop computers to help with their education.
Archbishop Jose Gomez helped to kick off the pilot program Monday at the St. Columbkille School in South Los Angeles.
The laptops and Wi-Fi hardware will allow the elementary and high school students to do their school work anywhere.
It's a big boost for families who can't afford laptops.
The goal is to later expand the program to the entire Los Angeles Archdiocese.
education, school, los angeles archdiocese, los angeles news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale 36 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Damaged trains being removed from Conn. site
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge