Los Angeles News
LA deputy arrested in connection to burglaries
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy has been arrested, along with six other people, in connection with a string of residential burglaries in Ventura and Los Angeles counties.
Investigators say Khajana Jones, a six-year veteran, did not participate in the burglaries, but she allowed a man she lived with to store cash and jewelry from the burglaries at her residence.
Jones was arrested on Feb. 22 on suspicion of burglary and being an accessory to commit burglary. She was released on bail the next day.
She has been suspended with pay while the investigation continues. If charged with a felony, Jones could be stripped of her pay. If convicted, she could be fired.
Investigators said the suspects hit at least 15 upscale homes across Ventura and Los Angeles counties. They dressed well and knocked on doors, forcing their way inside when nobody answered.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles county sheriff's department, burglary, arrest, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)