Los Angeles News
Smoking ban now in effect in Hermosa Beach
HERMOSA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A smoking ban is now in effect in Hermosa Beach, which has the highest smoking rates in Los Angeles County.
The ban forbids all smoking in public outdoor locations, like dining areas, local parks and the pier.
It even bans restaurants from giving out matchbooks.
The Hermosa Beach City Council approved the ban Last October.
Violators could face a fine up to $500.
beach, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 38 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease 16 min ago
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe? 11 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
6 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
12 min ago