Los Angeles News
Canyon Country traffic stop yields cocaine, methamphetamine
CANYON COUNTRY, Calif. (KABC) -- A traffic stop in Canyon Country turned into a drug bust when deputies found cocaine and methamphetamine.
A deputy pulled over a vehicle near Sand Canyon Road and the 14 Freeway on Tuesday. The driver, Moises Marroquin, was detained after it was determined he was unlicensed.
After further investigation, officials discovered one kilogram of cocaine and 1/2 kilogram of methamphetamine inside the car.
Marroquin, who is from Las Vegas, was booked at Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Department station on felony drug possession charges. He is being held without bail and was due in court Thursday.
Sheriff's authorities say the street resale values of the cocaine and methamphetamine are approximately $32,000 and $20,000, respectively.
arrest, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)