Los Angeles News
Canyon Country traffic stop yields cocaine, methamphetamine
CANYON COUNTRY, Calif. (KABC) -- A traffic stop in Canyon Country turned into a drug bust when deputies found cocaine and methamphetamine.
A deputy pulled over a vehicle near Sand Canyon Road and the 14 Freeway on Tuesday. The driver, Moises Marroquin, was detained after it was determined he was unlicensed.
After further investigation, officials discovered one kilogram of cocaine and 1/2 kilogram of methamphetamine inside the car.
Marroquin, who is from Las Vegas, was booked at Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Department station on felony drug possession charges. He is being held without bail and was due in court Thursday.
Sheriff's authorities say the street resale values of the cocaine and methamphetamine are approximately $32,000 and $20,000, respectively.
arrest, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations 41 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing 25 min ago
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)